Public Online Services
We have been creating synergies among the nine partner universities since 1987. We enable the success of learning and scholarship by creating coordinated collections, creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access, ensuring the long-term preservation of physical and digital information resources and sharing expertise.
Examples of key online services provided by the WRLC include:
- WRLC Shared Catalog (Primo) and Alma Integrated library system
- Islandora digital repository
- ServiceDesk - Report issues via email to ServiceDesk@wrlc.org or using the website https://servicedesk.wrlc.org
- WRLC has joined the Open Education Network (OEN) in order to further its initiatives for affordable education and student success across our institutions. OEN maintains the Open Textbook Library, and is well known for helping organizations committed to improving access, affordability, and academic success through the use of open textbooks and course materials. Visit https://open.wrlc.org to learn more about WRLC's open education resources.
Online Services for WRLC Partners
Library Staff from the nine partner universities participate in developing and implementing the initiatives of the consortium. You can keep up with what is happening through:
- Onboarding new Employees to the WRLC Community
- The WRLC Newsletter. (Subscribe here)
- The WRLC Library Staff Intranet - includes minutes and documents from the WRLC committees and task forces. (accessible to library staff on campus)
- Service Desk - Report service issues to WRLC staff
- Zoom - Online meeting platform for WRLC partners. To acquire Zoom login credentials, library staff members will request the information via the WRLC Service Desk.
- Basecamp - Project Management and communication tool utilized by our WRLC partners
- LinkMaker - create durable links to resources that can be added to online Course Reading Lists. You can use LinkMaker to search various databases for articles for your reading list. When you find an article, copy the URL into LinkMaker, which will convert it into a link which can be accessed from on- or off-campus.
WRLC Alerts Mailing List
The WRLC Service Desk has long maintained an email list to notify our community of any issues or events that may impact the library and IT services we provide.
To ensure we can communicate with stakeholders even when our private cloud is unavailable, we have moved the WRLC alert list to a Google Group that is hosted in the public cloud. The email address has changed so you may need to add email@example.com to your address book if the alerts are ending up in your spam folder.
We have added a convenient subscribe/unsubscribe button to the Library Staff Intranet to help you manage your subscription. Simply Log In to the Intranet and your profile page will indicate whether you are subscribed or not and provide a button to change your status. If your subscribed email address is a Gmail account you can also go to the Google Group page to manage your subscription. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help subscribing or unsubscribing.
Through collaboration, the Washington Research Library Consortium makes possible mutually beneficial services for the partners. We encourage you to consider how you can contribute to creating synergies for success!