Vision, Mission, Priorities, Initiatives
The Washington Research Library Consortium will be a catalyst creating synergies among the partner universities to enable the success of learning and scholarship.
The Washington Research Library Consortium is a collaborative partnership providing proactive and responsive, innovative, cost-effective access to shared information resources, services and expertise.
- Approved by the WRLC Board of Directors, December 1, 2010
- Creating coordinated collections
- Creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access
- Ensuring the long-term preservation of physical and digital information resources
- Sharing expertise
FY 2016 Initiatives
Creating coordinated collections
- Implement the MOU on Shared Print Retention.
- Implement & assess DDA for JSTOR e-books.
- Investigate & recommend the desirability of a shared, complementary, coordinated approval plan.
- Create principles for shared e-resource collections.
- Explore memberships in organizations to preserve & provide access to print/digital resources.
Creating robust discovery & access
- Update interlibrary loan rights information for e-resources in WorldCat to facilitate loans in the WRLC.
- Implement recommended database cleanup in preparation for data migration to a Next Gen system.
- Investigate a shared OCLC symbol for materials located in the SCF.
- Enable federated authentication for access to online services and electronic resources.
- Reassess library services platforms (Next-Gen ILS) & recommend next steps.
- Implement fine forgiveness proposal.
Preserving physical and digital resources
- Begin use of SCF3.
- Investigate models for sharing equipment for digital preservation projects.
- Consider principles on possible shared digital preservation opportunities.
Sharing expertise & setting direction
- Revise WRLC document on licensing best practices to enhance sharing within the WRLC.
- Administer the WRLC satisfaction survey to evaluate our success and recommend areas for attention.
- Maximize human resources through collaboration and cooperation