- Handles all circulation services in Mullen Library: borrowing, renewing, and processing returned materials; conducts searches and recalls for items not on the shelf; and collects fines and fees. With the Circulation & Student
- Supervisor, implements policies and procedures for circulation services, regularly reviews the policies and procedures, and recommends revisions. Closes the library and the stacks from Monday to Friday. Assists with on-site coordination of May Gallery events as necessary. Provides backup support for reserves, security desk, and other areas as needed.
- Assists Circulation & Student Supervisor in the following activities: training and on-site supervision, and scheduling of part-time circulation services employees and ensuring that training is successful and that all circulation services employees follow policies and procedures.
- Assists with stacks management, resource sharing, and other Access Services duties. Able to work a flexible schedule seven days a week.
- Collecting appropriate statistical data and incorporating it into monthly and annual written reports of Access Services activities.
The Evening Circulation Supervisor handles all circulation activities.
- closes the library stacks and manages evening building security Monday – Friday;
- assists the Circulation & Student Supervisor, supervising part-time staff;
- assists with stacks management and resource sharing activities, as needed;
- and collects statistical data on circulation services.
The Evening Circulation Supervisor reports to the Head of Access Services.
- Associate’s Degree is required with at least one (1) year related library or customer service experience.
- Knowledge of library functions and organization.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system.
- Skill in using common computer applications (word processing software, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Skill in supervision.
- Skill in communicating effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Skill in the use of library management systems desirable.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate staff.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage.
- Ability to accommodate evening and flexible scheduling seven days a week.