Congratulations to our library colleagues who were recognized for their service to George Mason University and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia. The recipients were presented with their awards on April 6 and April 7 at the University Day Service awards celebrations.
- Steve Dang, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Cynthia Bentley, Access Services, Fenwick and Gateway Libraries
- William Perrin, Access Services, Fenwick and Gateway Libraries
- Chandararith Chet, Systems Group
- Karen Jacobs, Payments, Technical Services Group
- Susan Stockwell, Office of the Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Steven Gerber, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Meaghan O’Malley, Resource Acquisition, Technical Services Group
- Joyce Price, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Andrew Stevens, Web Services, Systems Group
- Jason Byrd, Information Services Team, Fenwick Library
- Anne Driscoll, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Sally Evans, University Dissertations and Theses, Mason Publishing Group
- Margaret Lam, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Katara Wright, Information Services Team, Fenwick Library
One of the events included in the Grand Opening Celebration of Fenwick Library was the Student Video Competition. Mason students created videos, with run times of less than a minute, on the theme “Top 3 Reasons I Can’t Live Without My Library.” The videos had to incorporate and feature a library/or libraries on any of the Mason campuses, and highlight the transformative role that the Mason Libraries play in the living and learning environment at Mason. The winning videos were announced and screened at the Fenwick Library Grand Opening Celebration on Thursday, March 31, 2016, and are available online. Congratulations to
Grand Prize Winner: Samuel Robbins, Sophomore, Communications
Looking for a secure spot to store small items while you are on campus? Gelman Library now offers lockers on the 4th & 5th floors for reservation by any GW student.
The Lockers on the 4th and 5th floors are located in the hallway past the bathrooms and are reserved on a “first-come / first-served” basis. Lockers rent for $35 per semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer). Locker rentals begin on the first day of classes for the semester and end on the last day of scheduled finals of the same semester. Students may rent lockers per semester or for the academic year (a total of 3 semesters, Fall, Spring and Summer).
To apply for a locker, please select a locker by taking the slip posted on the desired locker and complete the online request form (you must have the locker number to complete the form). A library staff member will contact you for an appointment to make the applicable payment and issue you a combination lock for the requested locker.
Please direct questions to Jennifer Wesson at (202) 994-2937 or email@example.com.
Interested in business research? Area university students, faculty and staff are invited to join the Capital Area Business Librarians (CABL) for a workshop on various Mergent databases. This session will be held April 20, from 2 to 4 p.m. at George Mason University Arlington Campus, 206 Founders Hall, 3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA. Light refreshments will be provided by Mergent. Register today to reserve your spot!
For more information, please contact Jo Ann Henson, Business Librarian, George Mason University Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-993-2213
Arlington Campus Library will be hosting its regular Library of Congress orientation and tour session on Friday, April 8. Join us and learn how to conduct research at the Library of Congress with special guest instructor, Library of Congress Librarian Darren Jones. Attendees will be able to get ID cards to access the Readers Room, learn about the research services available, and get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Library of Congress. Registration is required, so please save your spot today! For more information, please contact Beth Roszkowski, broszkow @ gmu.edu