Systems Integration & Data Analysis Librarian
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to WRLCEmployment@wrlc.org
JOB TITLE: Systems Integration & Data Analysis Librarian
The Systems Integration & Data Services Librarian enables success among the nine partner university libraries in the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) by providing innovative, proactive and responsive support for the partner’s resource management and discovery applications; by creating, extracting, managing and analyzing data and metadata; and by developing tools that integrate online resources and locally developed or third party applications. The position will assist the libraries in making more effective use of their data.
Reports to the Director of Information Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for API development and integration of systems supporting WRLC's library partners. In consultation with library staff, and working with other WRLC staff, develop extended services based on WRLC's discovery and resource management platforms using available API's..
- Provide data and metadata extraction, analysis and reports to support both management information needs and workflow requirements.
- Primary responsibility for application support of institutional repository services (currently based on DSpace). Collaborate with partner library staff to develop standards and requirements.
- Assist in providing support for a variety of other library applications (Voyager, Summon, 360Link, etc.).
- Serve on committees and task forces as required. Provide constructive input for enhancements to services or revisions to policies and procedures. Serve as backup to other positions as necessary. Undertake special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Seek new knowledge and update skills to enhance performance in all areas of responsibility.
EXPECTED: ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science, master’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience. At least three years experience working with API development and relational database queries and presentation. Demonstrated expertise in SQL and XML. Demonstrated familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, PHP), metadata schema (MARC, Dublin Core, METS, FRBR, RDA) and applications such as DSpace, Fedora and/or Islandora. Awareness of current trends in libraries, archives, and digitization. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Customer centered orientation essential. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities.