This time, we mean it.
The LPs that are left will be going to the dump on Friday, August 30. We decided to keep them one week longer so returning students could have a chance to look through them. There are still some excellent recordings left–some are worth having just for the cover art!
Happy New (School) Year! Mason Libraries staff at Fenwick, Johnson Center, Arlington Campus and Mercer Library/Prince William look forward to working with you on your papers, projects and other research needs. Look what’s in it for you:
- Mason Libraries purchase required class textbooks costing more than $20 for
- Required General Education 100- and 200-level courses
- English 302
- At least one copy of the required textbooks for these selected courses are placed on 2 Hour Reserve in the Johnson Center Library, Fairfax Campus
- Students can locate TextSelect textbooks in the Mason Libraries Classic Catalog or in the Course Reserve catalog
Due to continuing interior firewall construction in Fenwick Library, several study rooms in Fenwick Library will not be available for student use at the beginning of Fall Semester. Why?
- Some Fenwick Library staff had to be relocated to study rooms during the firewall construction work this summer. The work is not completed yet.
- The library staff will move back to their regular office/work spaces when the interior firewall construction is done.
- Study rooms currently occupied by library staff will be available by the end of September.
Fenwick staff appreciate your patience, as the firewall work is critical for the safety of all Mason students, faculty and staff for the duration of the New Fenwick Addition construction.
Water has been shut off in Fenwick Library, Wing B. It will be off until further notice.
Show us your Instagram love = Win a study room on the new entrance floor!
Do you want to reserve your entrance floor study room before everyone else for the upcoming fall midterms or finals? Take an Instagram shot of your fave new spot on the entrance floor (inside and out!) and tag us with @gelmanlibrary in your caption. Best picture wins! The deadline is midnight, August 26th, so don’t forget, this gives you all day at Librarypalooza to discover new research tools and snap away!
Questions? Talk to us on Twitter @gelmanlibrary #gelmaninstagramcontest
• How long does the contest run? The contest runs until August 26th at midnight.
• Who is eligible to enter? Any member of the GW Community with a valid GWID.
• Do participants have an entry limit? Limit 3 photos per entry.
• How will the winner be selected? The winner will be selected by our Renovation team.
• How will the winner be contacted? They will be contacted via their instagram account.
We look forward to seeing your photos!