All Mason Libraries are closed January 22 through January 24, 2016.
Stay safe and warm, Mason Nation!
Due to adverse weather, the GW Libraries (Gelman, Eckles, and the Virginia Science and Technology Campus Libraries) will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, January 22.
Gelman Library will remain closed all of Saturday, January 23, and will reopen on Sunday, January 24 from noon - 8:00 p.m.
Eckles Library will reopen from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. on Saturday, January 23 and from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Sunday, January 24.
Power outages are predicted with this storm and may impact library hours. Please check library.gwu.edu for updated information before attempting to visit a library this weekend.
In This Issue:
- 2016 WRLC Annual Meeting
- Coordinated Collections Initiatives
- WRLC Private Cloud Provides Flexible, Cost-effective Computing Services
- Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Approved by the WRLC Board of Directors
- Event: Library Technology Innovation: Building a Start-up in a Library
New year, new Fenwick! The new Fenwick Library opens January 19. After weeks of moving collections, equipment and staff, the facility provides
- One unified full-service assistance desk, located in the first floor Atrium
- A variety of new group study spaces and rooms which can be reserved for
your use – equipped with white boards and monitors
- Compact shelving for increased storage for print collections
- MediaScape collaboration study rooms, in which up to 4 students can share their screens simultaneously
- Self-serve laptop dispenser to check out computers for use in the library
- State-of-the-art Special Collections Research Center
- Enhanced device-charging capabilities throughout the library
- Presentation practice rooms equipped with technology (similar
to the Gateway Library’s One Button Studio)
- The Research Commons, featuring programming and support
for individual and collaborative projects
- Two exhibition/gallery areas for student and faculty art, as well as items from the Special Collections Research Center
The full move will be completed by March 2016, and the Cafe will open sometime in the Spring. Come in, explore, learn – see what’s in the new Fenwick Library for you!
Mason Libraries offer a variety of workshops to refresh and enhance research skills. In addition, tours of the new Fenwick Library will be offered. Check them out!