On August 8, Jennifer Smith Hamilton, Gifts Coordinator, was selected as one of two University staff members to participate in George Mason’s Global Professional Staff Exchange Program. The program provides an international professional development exchange experience for staff that will enhance global awareness, encourage cross-cultural perspectives, and broaden professional expertise through direct in-service experience. Jennifer will work abroad for a week at the University of Basel, Switzerland. Read more
Tuesday, August 26
Gelman Entrance Floor & Kogan Plaza
Join us for Librarypalooza, a casual cookout where graduate and undergraduate students can learn about library services and spaces in a relaxed environment.
Come to the Gelman Library's entrance floor to learn about everything you need to start your academic year off right - from checking out a book to choosing your library study space to getting research help and discovering resources in your discipline. Then, head to Kogan Plaza for burgers and hot dogs.
Rain date: Wednesday, August 27 from 4-6pm
During the summer, Mason Libraries developed and implemented a new course reserves process to better serve Mason students and faculty. The goals are to simplify student access to e-Reserves, to streamline the reserve request process for faculty, and to provide a more consistent course reserve experience across all campuses. Changes include:
- Students now access their e-Reserves directly through their course pages on Blackboard.
- Faculty now place all course reserve requests through ILLiad.
- More detailed information for faculty on using the new process is available at Course Reserves (Instructors).
Questions? Need assistance? Please contact your campus reserves staff:
- Nicholas Hofmann or Vittoria Perrone (Fairfax)
- 703-993-9043, ereserve @ gmu.edu
- Richard Plaskus (Prince William)
- 703-993-7539, pwlres @ gmu.edu
- Jane Zhang (Arlington)
- 703-993-8229, aclres @ gmu.edu
Mason Libraries open hours will change August 8 – August 24 for the intersession.
On Saturday, August 9, access to the Wiley Online Library and The Cochrane Library will be disrupted for maintenance from 5:00 am – 9:00 am. [Vendor Notice]