Beth Roszkowski, Head, Arlington Campus Library, is the recipient of the 2016 Distinguished Library Faculty Award. Ms. Roszkowski truly embodies commitment to George Mason University and the profession of academic research librarianship. With this award, she is being recognized for her enthusiastic and tireless support of Mason’s students, faculty, and staff.
Ms. Roszkowski has a strong record as a skilled manager of complex functions, programs and services as well as noteworthy professional accomplishments which encompass all three areas of library professional faculty responsibilities at Mason – professional expertise and competence, scholarship, and service.
The award will be presented to Ms. Roszkowski at Mason’s Celebration of Teaching Excellence ceremony on Monday, April 11, 2015, 3:30pm, at the Center for the Arts, Concert Hall Main Lobby, Fairfax campus.
Congratulations to our library colleagues who were recognized for their service to George Mason University and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia. The recipients were presented with their awards on April 6 and April 7 at the University Day Service awards celebrations.
- Steve Dang, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Cynthia Bentley, Access Services, Fenwick and Gateway Libraries
- William Perrin, Access Services, Fenwick and Gateway Libraries
- Chandararith Chet, Systems Group
- Karen Jacobs, Payments, Technical Services Group
- Susan Stockwell, Office of the Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Steven Gerber, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Meaghan O’Malley, Resource Acquisition, Technical Services Group
- Joyce Price, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Andrew Stevens, Web Services, Systems Group
- Jason Byrd, Information Services Team, Fenwick Library
- Anne Driscoll, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Sally Evans, University Dissertations and Theses, Mason Publishing Group
- Margaret Lam, Research Services, Fenwick Library, RES
- Katara Wright, Information Services Team, Fenwick Library
One of the events included in the Grand Opening Celebration of Fenwick Library was the Student Video Competition. Mason students created videos, with run times of less than a minute, on the theme “Top 3 Reasons I Can’t Live Without My Library.” The videos had to incorporate and feature a library/or libraries on any of the Mason campuses, and highlight the transformative role that the Mason Libraries play in the living and learning environment at Mason. The winning videos were announced and screened at the Fenwick Library Grand Opening Celebration on Thursday, March 31, 2016, and are available online. Congratulations to
Grand Prize Winner: Samuel Robbins, Sophomore, Communications