Reservable group study rooms offer a private, enclosed atmosphere for group study and projects. GW students may reserve these rooms through our Study Room Reservation System. If not reserved, they are available to GW groups of two or more on a first come, first served basis. Reservable study rooms are available on Gelman floors 2-6. Rooms on floors 2 & 3 are equipped with large display screens to share work.
Study Room Policies:
- Rooms are available for groups of two or more GW students on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations may be placed up to two weeks in advance.
- A student may place up to two hours of reservations each day.
GW Libraries 2014-2015 Student Liaison
B.A. Speech and Hearing Candidate, 2015
The Student Liaison helps to keep the library connected to student library users. Ronella is here for you when you have complaints, concerns, or questions. Email her at Ronella5@gwu.edu or drop by her office on Tuesday nights between 9-10pm.
Mason students, faculty and staff may now browse Gateway Library’s media collection. Previously shelved in closed cabinets and retrieved by library staff, you can now see what’s available, select what you want to borrow, and check it out at the first floor service desk. The media collection is located on the second floor, Gateway Library (Johnson Center). Questions? Please contact the Gateway Library service desk at 703-993-9060.
Mason Libraries are hosting a Book Sale! A variety of subjects in hardcover, paperback and – media! Details:
Where: Johnson Center, Rooms 234, 243 & 244 (2nd Floor)
- Thursday, September 11 & Friday, September 12, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, September 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hardcover $ 3.00
- Media $2.00
- Paperback $1.00
For more information, contact Jennifer Smith Hamilton, jhamilta at gmu.edu, 703-993-3701. See you there!
Mason Libraries provide two Dissertation Writers Rooms (DWR) for Mason PhD students who need dedicated space for dissertation work on the Fairfax or Arlington campuses. Mason doctoral students, who have passed their comprehensive exams and are in good standing with the University and the University Libraries, are eligible to request a space to use and store research materials in assigned DWR space for one term. Applications are now being accepted.
- To apply for space in the Arlington Campus Library DWR, complete this form and return it to the Arlington Campus Library service desk (2nd Floor, Founders Hall).
- To apply for space in Fenwick Library DWR, complete this form and return it to the Fenwick Library circulation desk.
Spaces in each of the DWRs are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis (based on date/time submitted) until room capacity is filled.